Printed on February 13, 2020
Does my life occasion make me eligible for a Particular Enrollment Interval?
There are 4 primary kinds of qualifying life occasions:
- Lack of well being protection: Shedding job-based protection (whether or not by way of your self or a member of the family) or eligibility for Medicaid, Medicare, or the Kids’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP)
- Family adjustments: Marriage, little one start or adoption, divorce, or demise
- Residence adjustments: Sure family strikes, like transferring to a brand new ZIP code or county
- Different qualifying occasions (like earnings adjustments): Adjustments that make you now not eligible for Medicaid or the Kids’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP), leaving incarceration, and so on.
How do I apply for 2020 protection by way of a Particular Enrollment Interval?
- In case you qualify for a Particular Enrollment Interval, create an account or log into an present one to enroll in a plan for 2020.
- Chances are you’ll be requested to submit paperwork to substantiate the life occasion that makes you eligible.