Buckle up children as a result of we’re throwing all of it the way in which again to 2016. Earlier than Tony and I had been even married! I virtually forgot about this unimaginable dinner recipe till I stumbled upon it a couple of weeks again and after some easy tweaks, I’m satisfied you’ll need to make this one ASAP
These white bean, spinach and turkey stuffed peppers are stuffed with Italian taste, garlicky tomato basil sauce, floor turkey, creamy white beans, tender orzo, and a lot extra. OH, they usually’re topped with melty mozzarella cheese. What’s to not love?
First, check out what life seemed 7 years in the past:
“Somedays I want I may reside in my kitchen, leaving the writing, enhancing, images and all the opposite issues behind. My joyful place is recipe creation; becoming flavors and components collectively like a puzzle. It’s my favourite half about my job. And likewise you all. Seeing all of the recipes you make of mine makes me terribly joyful. I’m in awe that I get to create this life for myself, which retains me impressed and feeling artistic every day. You’re making this woman’s dream come true.”
The whole lot you’ll have to make turkey stuffed peppers
We’re packing every pepper with scrumptious, savory components and loads of protein for the proper dinner. Right here’s what you’ll have to make them:
- Orzo: everybody’s favourite tender little pasta!
- Produce: you’ll want bell peppers (after all), spinach, onion, garlic, and contemporary basil. Be at liberty to make use of any coloration of bell pepper that you simply like.
- Tomato sauce: use your favourite chunky tomato sauce like marinara.
- Seasonings: you’ll want Italian seasoning, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Floor turkey: these stuffed peppers get a number of protein and taste from lean floor turkey. See under for extra protein choices!
- White beans: we’re additionally including a can of great northern beans for extra protein and fiber. I really like how tender they’re in every chew of those stuffed peppers.
- Cheese: you’ll additionally want parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella to high these beauties.
Easy ingredient swaps
There are a couple of straightforward methods to essentially make these floor turkey stuffed peppers your individual! Right here’s what I can recommend:
- For the orzo: it’s also possible to use quinoa or brown rice, which can hold the stuffed peppers gluten free. Frozen brown rice works very effectively (you’ll want 1 cup cooked!)
- For the bottom turkey: be at liberty to make use of floor rooster, shredded rooster, and even floor turkey sausage as a substitute of normal floor turkey. To maintain this recipe vegetarian, merely swap the turkey for an additional can of white beans.
- For the white beans: I used nice northern beans on this recipe, however you might additionally use chickpeas, navy beans, or cannellini beans.
Make them forward of time
You’ll be able to really make these turkey stuffed bell peppers 1-2 days forward of time! Observe the directions as much as baking them in step 6, then merely hold them within the fridge till you’re able to bake them.
Storing & freezing suggestions
- To retailer & reheat: place any leftover stuffed peppers in an airtight glass container and retailer within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days. Reheat within the microwave in 30-second intervals till heated via.
- To freeze & reheat: place leftover stuffed peppers in an hermetic glass container, or wrap peppers individually in plastic wrap and tinfoil, and freeze for as much as 3 months. To reheat, let the peppers thaw within the fridge earlier than baking them at 350 levels F for 45-50 minutes.
Extra recipes utilizing floor turkey
Get all of my floor turkey recipes right here, and extra dinner concepts right here!
I hope you’re keen on these turkey stuffed bell peppers! Should you make them be sure you go away a remark under to let me know the way you preferred them or tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram so I can see your creation! xo!
White Bean, Spinach & Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers with Burrata
Scrumptious Italian-style turkey stuffed bell peppers with spinach, white beans, orzo, tomato basil sauce, and melty mozzarella cheese. These protein-packed floor turkey stuffed peppers are straightforward to make for the proper weeknight dinner!
- ½ cup raw orzo
- For the sauce:
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ cup contemporary basil leaves
- 1 ¾ cups chunky tomato sauce (corresponding to marinara), divided
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- For the turkey:
- 1 tablespoon further virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound floor turkey (or floor turkey sausage for much more taste!)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly floor black pepper, to style
- For the mix-ins:
- 1 (15 oz) can nice northern beans
- 3 cups contemporary spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup)
- For the peppers:
- 6 medium to giant inexperienced or purple bell peppers
- 1 heaping cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- To garnish:
- Recent julienned basil
- Purple pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
Deliver a big pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook dinner in keeping with instructions on the bundle. Then drain and put aside.
In a blender or meals processor, add 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce (reserving 1/4 cup for later), garlic cloves, basil, Italian seasoning and oregano. Mix on excessive 1-2 minutes till clean. Put aside.
Warmth olive oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth. Add onions and turkey breaking apart the meat as you stir. Season with salt and pepper and saute, stirring often till turkey is cooked and not pink, 6 to eight minutes.
Stir in tomato sauce from the blender till turkey is well-coated. Stir within the beans, cooked orzo and spinach and simmer uncovered on medium low warmth for 10 minutes; stirring each jiffy (the spinach will break down as you cook dinner it). Style and add further salt and pepper, as obligatory.
Take away from warmth and stir in 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
Whereas the turkey and sauce are cooking you’ll be able to put together the peppers: Reduce off the tops of the peppers and take away the ribs and seeds. Rinse out further seeds and place every pepper subsequent to one another in a greased 2 quart baking dish. Alternatively you’ll be able to reduce the peppers in half lengthwise and place them skin-side down in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Completely positive if they’re touching.
Divide combination between every pepper. Add an additional spoonful of reserved tomato sauce on high every pepper. Sprinkle the tops with mozzarella.
Coat a big piece of foil with nonstick cooking spray and place spray-side down on the baking dish and canopy tightly. This prevents the cheese from sticking to the foil. Bake peppers for 35 minutes till fork tender. Take away foil, then place again in oven and cook dinner for 10 extra minutes or till cheese is barely golden brown. Makes 6 complete peppers, or 12 pepper halves.
High peppers with contemporary julienned basil and purple pepper flakes, if desired. Additional parm on high is yum, too!
Peppers might be prepped forward and baked later, simply comply with directions as much as baking them in step 6. Maintain them within the fridge till you are able to bake them.
Peppers are freezer pleasant; simply bake them, cool and freeze for a later meal.
Serving: 1pepperEnergy: 484calCarbohydrates: 37.3gProtein: 33.1gFats: 23.3gSaturated Fats: 8.9gFiber: 9.1gSugar: 9.6g
This put up was initially printed on April eleventh, 2016, and up to date & republished on October 2nd, 2023.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Pictures by: Sarah Fennel