These lemon poppy seed muffins are tremendous moist and bursting with shiny citrus taste. They’re scrumptious plain or with a easy lemon glaze on prime!
Let’s make lemon poppy seed muffins! After a really busy week (oh hey, we launched Easy Really feel Good Meals!), a simple baking challenge like this seems like the right strategy to decompress. Inhaling the brilliant scent of lemon zest, swirling poppy seeds into the fluffy batter… Please! Signal me up.
However, after all, as enjoyable as it’s to make this lemon poppy seed muffins recipe, consuming the muffins is definitely the perfect half. They’re bursting with contemporary citrus taste, and so they have a moist, tender texture that’s punctuated by the poppy seeds’ crunch. I like them plain for breakfast or a day snack, however for those who’re craving a sweeter deal with, you may drizzle my lemon glaze on prime. Take pleasure in them as a part of a spring brunch and even for dessert. In terms of these lemon poppy seed muffins, you actually can’t go fallacious.
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Elements
Right here’s what you’ll must make this lemon poppy seed muffins recipe:
- Lemons, after all! No less than 2 to three. This lemon poppy seed muffins recipe boasts 1/4 cup contemporary lemon juice and a pair of tablespoons zest!
- All-purpose flour – Spoon and degree it to keep away from packing an excessive amount of into your measuring cup.
- Baking powder, baking soda, and eggs – They assist the muffins rise.
- Entire milk Greek yogurt – Ever seen bitter cream in a muffin recipe? The Greek yogurt does the identical factor right here. It provides moisture and richness and makes the muffins extra-puffy!
- Maple syrup – It sweetens the muffins naturally.
- Avocado oil – For richness. Vegetable oil works too!
- Unsweetened almond milk – Or any milk, for moisture.
- Vanilla extract – For heat depth of taste.
- Poppy seeds – They add pleasant crunch.
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
If you wish to make the lemon glaze, you’ll additionally want a couple of extra tablespoons of lemon juice and powdered sugar. So easy!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements beneath.
How you can Make Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
This lemon muffins recipe is tremendous simple to make! Right here’s the way it goes:
First, make the batter. Mix the moist components in a single bowl and the dry components in one other.
Pour the dry components into the moist components, and blend till simply mixed. Cautious to not overmix! When you do, the muffins might be dense.
Fold within the poppy seeds.
Subsequent, divide the batter into the muffin pan. Put together a 12-cup muffin tin by greasing the muffin cups or lining them with paper liners. Use a 1/3-cup scoop to portion the batter into the muffin cups.
Then, bake! Switch the muffins to a 400°F oven and bake for 17 to twenty minutes, or till the tops spring again to the contact. A toothpick inserted within the middle of the muffins ought to come out clear.
Lastly, let the muffins cool. It’ll be tempting to succeed in for one immediately, however the muffins’ texture and taste really enhance after they’ve had an opportunity to chill! Allow them to cool within the pan for 10 minutes earlier than transferring them to a wire rack to chill utterly.
As soon as the muffins are cool, prime them with the lemon glaze for a bolder lemon taste, or get pleasure from them plain. Each choices are scrumptious!
These lemon poppy seed muffins hold nicely in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 2 days. For longer storage, you possibly can freeze them for as much as 3 months. Let frozen muffins thaw for an hour or so at room temp, or pop them within the microwave for about 30 seconds. They make an incredible fast breakfast or snack!
Extra Favourite Muffin Recipes
When you love these lemon muffins, strive certainly one of these yummy muffin recipes subsequent:
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup entire milk Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup avocado oil, or any impartial oil
- ¼ cup contemporary lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
Preheat the oven to 400°F and flippantly oil or spray a 12-cup muffin tin or line it with muffin liners.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the yogurt, eggs, maple syrup, avocado oil, lemon juice and zest, almond milk, and vanilla.
Add the dry components to the moist components and stir simply till mixed. Don’t overmix. Fold within the poppy seeds. Use a ⅓-cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into the muffin cups.
Bake for 17 to twenty minutes, or till the tops spring again to the contact and a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear. Let cool within the pan for 10 minutes, then switch to a wire rack to chill utterly.