What You Ought to Know:
– Crescendo Health, a real-world knowledge startup that’s drastically reshaping how medical researchers get entry to hard-to-reach affected person knowledge to assist their medical analysis right this moment formally introduced its launch with $3.4M in seed funding from Define Ventures in addition to the founders and CEOs of many different well-known organizations.
– Based by the co-founder of Datavant (merged with Ciox in a $7 billion deal), and a prime product-management chief from Grand Rounds (merged with Doctor On Demand to type Included Well being), Crescendo Well being is a public profit company that’s unlocking entry to historically siloed well being knowledge for each sufferers and medical analysis sponsors. Crescendo companions with analysis sponsors like pharma/biopharma, medical gadget makers and contract analysis orgs to get knowledgeable consent from examine contributors, then collects all of their longitudinal knowledge from their suppliers, payers, EHRs, pharmacy claims, and even earlier medical trials.
Speed up Medical Trials By Unlocking Affected person Well being Knowledge
Crescendo Well being collects this info by APIs, knowledge partnerships, and different strategies, changing that knowledge right into a format that’s accessible to sufferers and helpful for researchers. In consequence, medical analysis sponsors obtain an ongoing, longitudinal view of affected person well being that informs extra complete analysis. Sponsors can leverage Crescendo Well being’s mannequin to assist quite a lot of use instances, together with:
– Well being economics and outcomes analysis that displays the entire affected person journey, together with the true prices of their care.
– Publish-marketing observational research or security registries that scale back the burdens positioned on websites and sufferers, whereas additionally lowering prices for sponsors; and
– Longer-term follow-up or observational extension research that assist researchers perceive the affect of interventions over time.
Traditionally, medical analysis sponsors have struggled to collect info from examine contributors past the restricted factors of contact that happen throughout a examine. This leaves out vital knowledge from contributors’ different encounters with the healthcare system, together with info from main care or emergency division visits, lab checks, prescription fills and extra.
Crescendo Well being helps fill these gaps for examine sponsors utilizing a novel method made doable after the implementation of the twenty first Century CURES Act, which empowered sufferers with extra rights to gather and use their well being knowledge. As a part of its core perception that each particular person has an absolute proper to their very own knowledge, the corporate additionally makes the knowledge it gathers accessible to every participant by a safe portal.
Crescendo Well being plans to scale its companies all through the life sciences business and can use the funding to construct software program instruments that can allow its purchasers to analysis the longitudinal results of remedies and observe outcomes over time.