Printed on February 12, 2021
If anybody in your family had a Market plan in 2020, you must have obtained Kind 1095-A, Well being Insurance coverage Market® Assertion, by mail from the Market (not the IRS). After confirming that it’s correct, make sure you retailer it with vital tax info, like W-2 types and different data, as a way to simply discover it while you’re able to file.
How you can discover Kind 1095-A on-line
If it didn’t arrive within the mail or you may’t discover it, examine your HealthCare.gov account by following these steps:
- Log in to your HealthCare.gov account.
- Underneath “Your Current Functions,” choose your 2020 software — not your 2021 software.
- Choose “Tax Types” from the menu on the left.
- Obtain all 1095-As proven on the display screen.
What to do with Kind 1095-A
- You’ll be able to’t file your federal taxes with out Kind 1095-A. You’ll want it to “reconcile” — discover out if there’s any distinction between the premium tax credit score you utilized in 2020 and the quantity you qualify for.
- Earlier than you do something, examine to verify it’s proper.
- In the event you already filed with an incorrect kind, you could must file an amended tax return utilizing the knowledge in your corrected 1095-A.